Wool-Tyme Knitting Class - Fearless Finishing
If you have knitted a sweater or two, but still don't feel in control of the finishing process, this class is for you. Working on a mini-sweater and swatches, you will review basic invisible seaming and then move on to seaming ribbing, and garter stitch. Learn to pick up stitches flawlessly. Seam a bound off edge and learn the 3-needle bind-off. Learn how to sew a sleeve into place. You will learn to make and space buttonholes. We will also review placement of increases and decreases, gauge and swatching, how to choose the right size, basic yarn classification, and blocking. Come join us for 2 hours and conquer those finishing phobias!
Skill Level: Must know the basics of knitting.
Homework: 5 small swatches required. Instructions for the homework will be e-mailed to after participants have registered.
- Light coloured worsted weight yarn, including some in a contrasting colour to your swatches.
- 4.5 mm needles or size required to get gauge above
- Set of double pointed needles in same size as regular needles
- Tapestry (blunt ended darning) needle
- Stitch holders
- Stitch markers
- All your other knitting "stuff" (rulers, tape measures, blunt tapestry needle, pen or pencil and notebook)
Note : There will be no refunds later than one week before the start of the class.