Wool-Tyme Knitting Class: Toe Up Socks Course - 2 Days
Learn to knit socks from the toe up!
This 2-day course is perfect for the experienced knitter wanting to try socks from a different direction. You'll learn how to cast on at the toes, knit in the round using the Magic Loop technique (double-pointed needles are welcome, too!), calculate a perfect fit, turn the heel, and cast off using a stretchy method.
Supply List You Will Need to Bring:
For thick, fast socks:
- Yarn: SandnesGarn Perfect DK-weight sock yarn, 2 balls of main colour, 1 ball of toe/heel/cuff colour.
- Needles: One 3.25 mm circular needle, 80 cm in length (OR DPNs)
For fine, thinner socks:
- Yarn:100 g (about 400 m) fingering-weight sock yarn, any kind. (For optional contrasting heels & toes, you'll need about 25 g of another colour as well).
- Needles: One 2.25 mm circular needle, 80 cm in length (OR DPNS)
- blunt yarn darner needle
- sharp yarn darner needle
- removable stitch markers
- All your other knitting "stuff" (tape measures, pen or pencil and notebook, etc.)
Note 1: Make sure you're adding the correct date into your cart
Note 2: There will be no refunds later than one week before the start of the class.